To all of our 4H leaders, MIHA Equestrian Team Coaches, MI Pony Club Leaders, Youth Trainers and Leaders of Youth that have invested their sweat, time and sanity working with the youth in the equine industry:
We would like to see you and your groups at the Michigan Horse Expo this year where our focus is on “Our Youth – Our Future”. We have compiled a schedule for the Expo weekend that outlines 3 full days of equine activities with exceptional activities topping off each day that we feel your groups will enjoy.
We have special group pricing to make it more affordable for you to enjoy the Expo weekend and also included information about local hotels where we have arranged discounted rates as well. This information includes those with pools and meeting rooms to accommodate your group needs.
As a small thank you for all that you do throughout the year with and for youth and their families, the Michigan Horse Council has compiled a nice “thank you” bag as a token of appreciation. Please stop by the Youth Area to pick up your gift for the first 150 youth leaders to arrive at the 2017 Expo.
Youth Equine Team Competitions
- Wear your Club / Team Apparel to the Expo
- Take a group photo (everyone must be included from your group) at the Michigan Horse Expo photo booth
- Sign up your Club / Team for the drawing in the Youth Area
- Individuals can earn points for your team by trying their hand at 4H hippology & judging tests in the Youth Area
- Individuals can earn points for your team by attending seminars & mini sessions at educational booths
Winners of the group prizes
- Trainer Billy Thomas Award presented to the CC Riders, 4H leader Lisa Burgess of Clinton County
- Trainer Mary Luther Award presented to the Reins & Riders, 4H leader Ida Glassbrook of Ingham County
- Trainer Gene Munger Award presented to the Blue Ribbon Riders, 4H leader Tammy Howe of Clinton County
- Trainer Dustin Boehmer Award presented to the Colts & Fillies, 4H leader Sami Jo Sovis of Shiawassee County
- Trainer Christie Showerman Award presented to 4H leaders Bruce & Heather Deur
- Trainer Taylor Fabus Award presented to 4H leader Mary Mallory of Shiawassee County
- Trainer Sami Jo Sovis Award presented to 4H leader Dee Bozek